BLOWOUT HAIR FASTER
Sometimes, it feels like it can take forever to blowout hair. And after 10 minutes, it starts to feel more like an arm workout than a pampering and primping ritual. What's worse? The longer it takes to dry, the greater the potential strain and damage you cause your strands.
But it doesn't have to be that way.
There are a few things that can help speed up your blow-dry routine. The biggest tip? Remove excess moisture. The more moisture that's in your hair, the longer it's going to take to dry. This is obvious, but the key here is to remove only the excess moisture, as you don't want to totally dehydrate your hair. Our go to? Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray.
Unlike typical blow-dry sprays that use alcohol to evaporate out excess water and can dehydrate your hair, Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray uses a polymer. This polymer behaves like shrink wrap, it holds in essential hydration while squeezing out any excess water, so your strands dry faster without totally drying out. It's especially important to stay away from drying alcohols if you have a hair type that is prone to dryness - like those with color-treated hair or those with curly hair.
As an added bonus, Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray also contains a blend of keratin proteins, panthenol and silk amino acids that boost elasticity and resilience. These really help to lessen the damaging effects of a blowout.
Another tip to speed things up? Detangle your hair before you begin the drying process. Ripping through knots mid-blowout is damaging and time consuming as hair can often get stuck, forcing you to stop and start your blowout. For fast and easy detangling, we love the Dream Smooth Paddle Brush.
WANT A STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO BLOWOUT HAIR AT HOME? YOU GOT IT.
- A smoothing brush (We love, the Dream Smooth Paddle Brush)
- Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray
- A ponytail holder or hair clip to section your hair
- A blowdryer
- A round brush (optional)
HOW TO BLOWOUT YOUR OWN HAIR FAST
1. Before you begin blow-drying, remove any knots with the Dream Smooth Paddle Brush.
2. Mist hair thoroughly with Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray. The alcohol-free formula cuts drying time by 30%!
3. Section hair vertically, leaving about a one-inch thick section out at the bottom. Secure the remaining hair up.
4. Of the remaining loose hair, take out a section that fits comfortably along the head of your paddle brush. It is much faster to use a paddle brush, because you don't have to wind the hair around the brush.
5. Start with the brush at your roots and secure in place, then with the blow dryer nozzle directed down the length of the strands, begin to blow dry, dragging the brush through the hair as you dry with tension.
6. If needed, use a round brush to blow the ends of your hair to create more of a rounded finish to your blowout.
7. Repeat until the entire section is finished, then release a new section from your clip, and repeat the process.
CHECK OUT SPEED DRY IN ACTION.
Two of our favorite bloggers put Speed Dry Blow-Dry Spray to the test. Watch the results!