Raise the Root is formulated with unique flexible, translucent polymers that act like a spring at the root of your hair, creating instant lift and volume that lasts.
There’s no stiff, sticky or crunchy feel like hairspray. Your hair looks and feels naturally full, big and bouncy. This formula won’t dull or darken color.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a root lifter do?
It is a product that raises and supports hair strands at the roots, so that instead of laying flat against your head, strands stand up and away which creates the look of volume.
Is a root lifter the same as a mousse?
Mousses are designed for overall fullness and volume throughout your hair, while root lifting products focus specifically on creating height and lift by holding hair up and away from your head. Mousse is also very foamy for dispersed application where a root lifter is a targeted liquid spray.
How to use Color Wow Raise The Root
1. Spray onto damp or dry hair, concentrating at the roots.
2. Style as desired using heat from a blow dryer.
Is Raise the Root a styling product or a hairspray?
Raise The Root creates all-day lift, body and volume and has holding properties. So it is technically a hairspray that provides styling benefits:
- Keeps hair flexible and manageable
- Formulated with three lightweight “elastimers” that keep hair pliable and soft – never sticky, brittle or rigid
- Proprietary vinyl polymer complex forms a supportive "spring" around each hair, creating volume and instant lift
- Contains crystal clear styling polymers that won’t yellow or darken hair
Can I continue to use Color Control Toning Foam in combination with Raise the Root to manage flyaways?
Absolutely, you can definitely use Color Control Toning Foam first and then use Raise the Root hairspray.
Does Raise the Root have heat protection?
Almost all Color Wow products offer 2, in more cases 3, kinds of heat protection. This product offers 3. For more information on the heat protection in our products, visit our blog: How To Prevent Heat Damage on Your Hair Without Giving Up Your Hot Tools!